PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA experiments with lives at Avalon
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2009, 04:52
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is now obvious to everyone that the Office of Airspace Regulation – rather than being an independent unit without fear or favour – is now simply an extension of the profit making arms of the airlines and Airservices.
A strange conclusion. ASA management are firmly and mistakenly convinced they are running a business. Expect them to do what the customers want, and to snow the shareholders about it.

Now the airspace is regulated by a crowd that just doesn't participate in things, having much more fun blagging people in the courts and fighting to keep the regs incomprehensible and complicated. How could you have expected a reasonable outcome by demanding that it be organised that way. Is anybody else surprised they have done nothing for a year or so? I'm not.

I agree the current TRA is complete bollocks and a bit like Mohamed Ali's left leg.*
Plaz, Would you go for a D tower at Port with E replacing the existing G above or would you insist on Class C above the D and become a martyr as Scurvy would?

ie- nothing or everything as per the Aussie ATC tradition!
Not interested in a tower job myself, but don't care about the airspace. Happy to work either. If the National Day of Inaction, where hordes of VFR pilots plotted to bring down the system with sheer traffic produced no noticable increase in workload anywhere I'm not frightened. Perfectly happy to work E airspace. There is an obvious increase in risk compared to C airspace, but it is still safe.

Don't you believe any buggar that tries to tell you it would be safer though.
What Avalon needs are is a transit lane to the north and a transit lane to the south, keeping the lighties clear of the approaches and circuit area.
Bollocks. Over the top is fine. Have heard 2 jets in the AV area, saw them about 3 miles away. If it was dangerous they would put a Tower in.

*It's not fair, and it's not right...