PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA experiments with lives at Avalon
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2009, 03:16
Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aulglarse,

Absolutely

I fly them all the time and know how they perform. The fact is you can limit your downwind altitude until clear like any other aircraft. Or climb straight ahead and then back over the top at an altitude that will not conflict. These thing are done all the time to work out conflicts. Like I said, I conduct training down there in these aircraft all the time and have never seen or had a problem.

The reality is that the system works now and aircraft are seperating themselves safely and efficiently without any limits on corridors or altitides.

If corridors can be made work then I can see some sense in limiting the workload in restricting the "likely" known position of the aircraft.

This is just a beat up because it would seem Dick wasn't asked his opinion. While I think overall he is well meaning, sometimes I think the motivation for bringing forward issues needs reassessing. The changes at Avalon are minor and tinkering around the edges but Dick almost wants a Royal commission to justify them. This is all just emotion. The raisning of these nitpicking issues only has people saying hear we go again rather than Dick is saying something so it must be important.

This has nothing to do with CASA not doing thier job. They have no evidence to show that there needs to be a change to the status quo and that actually means they are doing their job.

Last edited by Rudder; 30th Jan 2009 at 03:26.