PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zest Airways MA60 crash landing in Caticlan - Boracay?
Old 30th Jan 2009, 02:21
B747-800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accident investigation

i haven't been online in the last few days and i am surprissed to see that until today no initial findings on that accident has come out at all except some rumours with pilots attending parties till the morning comes.

is the philippine caa able and willing to conduct a proper aircraft accident investigation or is it a hush-hush job (similiar as in thailand's accident investigations) to protect the airline and its owner and to cover up that caa has authorized a non-certified (by faa and easa standards) aircraft to operate into the airport.

i sincerely doubt that the philippine authorities will admit that they have made a mistake in certifying the MA60 for this type of operation and that the real root cause of this accident is their own certification.

if the philippines ever waant to get out of the faa cat. 2 status and not be included in the easa blacklist they need to be factual and also admit that they made a mistake in certifying these type of operation for the MA60.

you guys over there are being watched how this investigation is being handled and how your authorities are doing their investigation job. another white wash like the one2go incident in kho phuket could be the missing nail in the coffin for an easa blacklist.

Good luck to all of you and specially to the investigators.