PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2009, 19:54
wanttoflyhigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened at the open day...

Hi guys,

Since uve been helpful in answering my questions I decided to give back! To all of you who have still not been to ur assessment day I hope this helps!

Day started at 9am and I think about 70people showed up. We were given a presentation on the airline, living in dubai, about the job etc. This took about an hour. After this we all went to the recruiters and handed in our cv`s. We were then asked to leave the room and come back in 15min - they split us into four groups - the first two would stay in the room and the next two groups come back in 40minutes.

At this point of the day we were placed in a circle with our group and had to ask the person sitting next to us what animal he/she would be if they had to choose - while we were doing this we would go up to the recruiters one by one and do the reach test and were asked a few questions by the recruiter like; why emirates? what do you do now? etc... When everyone had spoken to a recruiter we would stand up one by one and tell the group which animal the person sitting next to us wanted to be and why.

We were now given our group discussion topic; "If you had to make a charity organisation, what would it be for? Where would you be based? And how would you get the funds?" We were given 15minutes to talk about this and come to an agreement as a group, no voting allowed. When the time was up the recruiters picked one person from each group who would stand up and tell the other group what we had agreed on. We were then sent out and asked to come back in 15minutes. When we came back they had the first "elimination" and probably 35 people were sent home.

The we had a break and came back for an english test - one hour maximum - grammar, reading comprehension, plus a one page essay - after this another 10 people were sent home.

We then were split into two new groups - one group stayed in the room the other group come back in 45minutes. New group discussion - recruiters were sitting right next to us listening and writing - topic was; If you had to make a movie what would be the plot? who would be your main actor and actress? where would it take place? - 20 minutes - no voting. When the time was up the recruiters would ask us all to stand up, one by one, and answer a question like; "What did you agree on would be the plot?" At this stage another 13 people were sent home.

I think about 10 of us made it to the final interview which would be the next day. We then had to fill in some paper work and do a pshycometric test - 180 questions like "I like to read? - yes, no, uncertain..."

Be ready for a VERY long day if you make it through the stages!

One advice from me, I might be wrong, but it seemed like, they werent really paying attention during the first group exercise - it seemed like they decide when you do the reach test and talk briefly to the recruiter, but I might be wrong on this!! Just remember to smile and be sweet when you talk to the recruiter... Be yourself, they will see right through you!!

GOOD LUCK GUYS, and if you have any questions let me know!!