PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 29th Jan 2009, 15:55
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some more than capable ATCOs willing to give up all their validations to go full time at the College and others looking for ROVI posts who would stay part valid at their unit. Why would they do it if the instructor role pay scales were reduced? There are loads of people on here who whinge that they don't get paid enough as, or to be, OJTIs, so why would expect College instructors to be paid less?

Because from the NSL side of things it is scandalous that they have been placed in the top Band and the reason being because there are NERL instructors in the same building.

My whinge is against NSL and the poor treatment of lower band units. I also may be wrong but believe NSL is no longer part of the ROVI process or new applications anyway.

I would not expect a Swanwick Atco to get a drop in pay to go to the college. But why should someone get a 20 grand payrise when they cannot validate at a band 2 unit and then go to the college? I believe they should be paid as an Atco3. Same as Thames Radar being paid Band 5 money like LHR approach just because they are in the same room.

If you kept your Heathrow or Gatwick validation whilst at the college you should be paid the rate at which your validation is held. Permanent college instructors (NSL) could be paid at a lower rate. If not get rid of the NSL college as I previously stated as we are not getting the students but paying for the service and outsource or poach from other airfields outside of NATS. This is going on anyway at all units because there is no output, or not enough, from Hurn.