PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - reasonably priced headsets for commercial jets
Old 29th Jan 2009, 14:06
boeingboy737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all: I know that not one headset fits all BUT The QC2 combo is probably the best you an get for the money. I am one the those guys that can have an on the ear headset, as it causes hot spots or pain on the ear. Having said that,, I am a over the ear guy. the Uflymike Is buy far the BEST headset I have every had on my head. They are comfortable and the mike and earbud set up are easy to use and work very well. No more missed calls, less fatigue from loud cockpits. For those of you skeptics, think about the times you have missed a call or something from your crew member due to noise. I have used the OLD plantronics ear spike and have had it fail more than a few times in the last year alone. In using the Uflymike for the last 3 years I can say I have NEVER had a failure. You get a flashing lite when your batt STARTS to lose power and you still have about 4 house to change the batt which can be done in about 5 sec. For me there is no alternative. Also remember that if you are a commuter that you have a great ANR headset for riding in the back to listen to whatever you want or nothing at all. If not for the buracratic BS that some of have had to go thru this combo could easily be the best aviation headset in the world.