PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Training Centre For Service Excellence
Old 29th Jan 2009, 01:53
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End of the day it is up to all in Q to instigate change - both within the current systems and by using initiative and even a litle coordinated peer pressure. Rank, seniority or even perspectives of self importance are totally irrelevant - the mantra is simple;

" don't have a bitch or make a wild assumption unless you have the facts and are willing to offer a solution. "

The notion of getting out of the seat and doing a day's 'service' training is actually not a bad idea. - like the combined crew CRM sessions it will only ever be what you make of it ............and................. if the 'cloistered brides of Q' do bugger it up by stuffing up the course delivery or content then all participants should be proactive and professionally let them know they've got it wrong and offer a solution.

If they don't listen to the solution then 'use'/manipulate the systems to make things happen - and there's plenty of examples where B.S. "bureaQractic" systems have been turned on themselves and forced change.

The more I know about what happens in the cabin or the hurdles that check in or other staff face the better - end the day if I walk away knowing I've learned something (or had my view challenged) then it's time well spent.

AT