PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 28th Jan 2009, 21:39
dave_perry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I went down to AFCO today for my initial briefing with the Royal Navy. Looks fantastic and I am already in good spirits about it all! The chap who briefed us was a Warrant Officer Class 1 in the RM, and said that because I had passed my FATS and medical last year for the RAF in February, that I wouldn't have to do them again this time round. Also, he said for the fitness test I am required to do for Pilot, I have to do 1.5 miles in 12.20 minutes.

Now, having gone through OASC last year, the fitness seems a lot easier in the RN compared to the RAF. I was told that the FATS scores only last for a year (told at OASC) so seen as it's nearly February - I should think I would have to re-sit them. Also with the medical, I was told I wouldn't have to have one. However I would have thought it would be mandatory, mainly because I could have developed 'something' since February. (Touch wood nothing)

So although I am very happy on what I have been told and what I have to do, I have my suspicions that it may not be the case. Not saying the chap is lying - but it just doesn't seem like normal procedure.

Am I right or wrong? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Dave