PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude but not aggressive passengers
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2009, 21:02
Ten West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure they appreciate it.

Good manners cost nothing. I always thank the Cabin Crew and wish them a pleasant day when I disembark too.

Sadly, too many people these days think rudeness and aggression is the way to get what they want.
I worked in retail management in a previous job, and I've had swearing, threats of legal action and indeed been invited outside for a fight on more than one occasion.
This I found all the more curious as it was usually some 7 stone Chav doing the shouting, and I'm 6ft4 and 215 lbs.

They do it because they know you're constrained by company rules and can't retaliate, hence they know they can get away with behaviour that would land them in hospital if they tried the same thing with someone in the pub.
I used to secretly pray that I'd encounter these clowns on my walk back to the train station in the evening so that I could see if they were as brave as they made out!

As for businessmen leaping out of their seats the second the thrust reversers are shut off - I completely agree!

What can they possibly achieve by crouching in the aisle waiting like a greyhound in a trap for the door to open?

9 times out of 10 they'll have to wait for the transport to the terminal, wait for their baggage, wait for passport control, etc. What do they do with the few minutes they "save"?? I can never understand it.

I always stay in my seat (window) reading my book and let all the madness and scrambling carry on around me.
Once everyone's off the aircraft I get up, gather my odds and ends together and leave with a polite farewell to the cabin crew.
When I get to baggage reclaim my case is usually sitting there ready to go.
I walk straight through passport control and I'm on my way.

Easy. Why the rush??

Last edited by Ten West; 28th Jan 2009 at 23:21.