PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B 412HP-AW139-UH-60 performance comparison
Old 28th Jan 2009, 20:00
Hilife

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SASless

In response to your last post and assuming I understand you correctly; I think the following might go some way to answering your questions.

Thinking US Army and not US Navy - AIRFRAME wise I believe the UH-60 and the S-70 are the same.

As a rule (but not always the case) export versions are designated S-70-(?), but as most customers have different requirements, the dash number differs to reflect different customer specs/options.

A glance at Wikipedia would suggest that International customers are many, although uncertain of exact numbers.

Regarding commercial market, I believe that all civil Hawks are operated ‘Restricted Use’ on an ‘X Ticket’, but again stand to be corrected. As the S-70/UH-60 was purpose built for Military OPS, the design thinking was for a robust battlefield platform and not for commercial use, therefore much of the Mil design considerations (US Mil Spec crash worthiness requirements, ballistic tolerant rotors etc,), operating costs, maintenance requirements, cabin design etc., may not be suitable on a commercial basis verses similar sized civil platforms.