PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT Practical exam ....... help please
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2009, 15:37
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R/T tests

whopity is of course correct.

The computor driven test is also applied using the same routes as the paper versions and are not made up at all, they are provided by the CAA. Whether to use the computor or paper test is the decision of the examiner. I find the computor driven test requires basic computor skills of the candidate and therefore, usually, the paper version is more staightforward.

A test time of 45 minutes is the norm for most PPL students. Following a briefing of 15 minutes it will take most approximately 30 -45 minutes to plan the RT required for the flight. The debrief will normally be 15 minutes and the paperwork another 5 minutes. So a total normal time of approximately 2hrs +.

Saying hello and all the normal pleasantries brings the total time to at least 2.5hrs and should be allowed.

Too many candidates arrive poorly briefed and unprepared for what is required. Often having travelled a fair distance. I will always do my best to ensure that the candidate is fully up to speed and I sometimes give much more time. The aim of the test is not to fail but to ensure that at the very least they pass the exam with merit and go home successful but wiser. I hope the extra time when I give it - free, is appreciated.