PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aer lingus interview
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2009, 14:18
Eddie Hitler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop EI assessment

Fairly standard airline assessment actually.

Psychometric testing. 3 or 4 tests all timed with increasing difficulty. The tests are all very old, the books were published in the 1940/50's so similar to the 11+ exam they used to have in the UK. Loads of free practice test available for this on the www, I think the University of Kent has some similar examples if you can navigate their website. I also found some books from my local library that were helpful in preparation.

Psychological profile. 240 questions in 40 minutes. Usual HR Bull.

Interview, about 30-45 minutes depending on how much you talk! It was with one Captain and one poisoned dwarf from HR. Fairly relaxed. HR questions first, usual Bx questions from someone trying to justify their job. Give examples of when you have done this and that, what can you bring to EI from your previous airline, etc. If you do a search on this forum I think there is a long list of such questions. Tech questions next, fairly open ended. Tell me about the Hydraulic/Electrical/Pressurisation system of the A320. You just talk about them, when they have heard enough he will tell you so. If he wants more detail he'll ask for it.

Sim check. Very relaxed affair, sim Captain was a really nice bloke. Basic stuff from your LST but condensed into about 50 minutes! Normal takeoff and some hand flying following the FD, not difficult really, then radar vectors for non-precision approach to land. Oh yeah, apart from the actual landing you can do this fully managed. So what are they testing here exactly? Reposition for 2nd departure. Engine failure after V1, radar vectors for SE ILS. SE Go-Around, give you back the engine downwind for a Raw Data ILS to land.

There you have it.

Good Luck to all those invited for selection.