PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2009, 11:23
EBA_Babylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Y'all.

Just spent the last hour or so reading over this thread, and also refreshing myself on the previous (voted down) eba thread. Loving that everyone one here is on the same page I am. been a dj for many years, and certainly don't want my beloved company to fail now.
BUT lets face it I know my worth and we should be prepared to fight for it. I have to say, as one of the one's asking many q's at the roadshow, I felt options A, B and C were a matter of chosing the lesser evil, no real negotiations there. Seems our "consulting commitee" are perhaps being glossed in believing this is all they can "negotiate". It's not thier fault, they are doing the best job they can without any real medium to liase with crew, or any real legal background to neg a legal doc that we will all be bound by. VB on the other hand has a hefty legal team to assist in "consulting"...

I was however RATHER IMPRESSED with my FAAA rep on the day if my roadshow-she maintained composure (clearly angry and offended underneath it all tho, as one should be with these options) but delivered clear cut, to the point questions that undermined these options pointing out the real downfalls of these proposed conditions to the rest of the room. (I was less impressed last eba negs, but i've been a member since day dot)

Its understood the cc dept needs to contribute 4-6mill in savings, why are we taking this straight from cc pockets? There are many more that make up this dept. Someone mentioned already the saving from reduced tiered pay scales etc saving a big wad of cashola already, not to mention all the other points already said, but what about the reduced crew complement- happened on the b737-800, and there's talk of it reducing to 2 crew on the E-170 and even maybe down to 3 crew on the 737-700 like pac blue. the costs savings here are significant but vb not willing for us to use as a neg option even though we're the ones who take on the extra workload when that cc member dissapears, never to be seen again?! You can bet your bottom dollar it will happen, post eba implented, as a further cost saving to vb and nothing to crew for their ever increasing workload.

...what does every one make of the proposed reduced sick leave entitlements??
...AVL days a sore point for all, esp when they call it double dipping. Ha!!

...Many more CC should be contributers to this thread. Management aren't silly they're reading all this (last eba negs they were...) and hopefully taking some of this onboard. HAVE YOUR SAY... here, and go to more than one roadshow, sure it won't be part of your rostered hours, but go anyway- go armed with Q's, Q's, Q's!!! It's your worklife!