PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skydive fined
Thread: Skydive fined
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2002, 09:40
enaires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Islander: I dont believe there is any requirement to have an airswitch or engine tacho installed...a pilots watch can suffice; honesty being assumed (please correct me if wrong).

The problem also lies within CASA regs (shoot, once again!) by letting PJE ops be "private" ops due to the fact that customers (ie passengers) sign a waiver form the APF produces, accepting that jumping out of an aeroplane is dangerous, and should be done so at theier own risk. BUT does that waiver also include the RIDE in the plane?? My lawyer thinks not...the skydive only STARTS when leaving the airframe.

So the reason PJE operators get shonky to make more of a buck is that no one (read CASA) is really on their backs ensuring compliance (maybe a few times like CAIRNS once in a while).

I heard an operator tell his pilots to over-run 100 hour limits by 10 percent....or to take the over run it off the next M/R (!!!) (like it would happen) no charter company can do that, why could they???? Of course, the young, inexperienced hour-thirsty pilot complied. ATSB knew about it...and as far as I know have done nothing...

Im glad they got done in cairns after the stories heard...tip of an iceberg???

Last edited by enaires; 17th Apr 2002 at 09:44.