PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Heels
Thread: High Heels
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2002, 08:53
Mowgli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How could she win a case like this with so much evidence that she was able to play squash etc. How can she have graduated without completing the course? Have the people in charge become scared of doing anything like making sensible decisions and standing up for priciples which are the bedrock of any organisation worth its salt? Are they too afraid of lawyers? If "their" lawyers are smart, why don't the MOD get smart too, and get some decent lawyers and start fighting back?

Like Capt Kirk on page 2, I knew T and served with him. There's an example of a man who had every reason to sue the organisation but who chose instead to make the most of the opportunity that his situation offered him, and he prospered from it. Having lost your toes to frostbite is extremely serious, and I remember how much he suffered in the cold when we were on exercise in N Norway in the arctic circle, but he didn't complain, and he will have that for the rest of his life.

I really thought this story was a wind up when I started reading it. It would have been a good one too. It is pants, and that woman should be made to do IOT or be given her marching orders.