PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - Forthcoming ATSOCAS changes
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2009, 20:09
airac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pelton Level, Irony my dear chap or have you never heard of what happens to other flying bodies on that day

Tribekey
Offering a Limited the service is not the same as one day passing traffic info because you have time and the next day not because your attention is drawn to, what is perceived to be, more important matters. If you cannot maintain a particular level of service, then don’t offer it.

COM Jam see the above

Radarman . I Can assure you I will not be sheltering behind any CAP .If I think there is an increased risk of collision then Traffic will be passed BUT, and that’s a big BUT, your perceived risk of collision could be a larger or smaller distance than mine .
I believe what the authorities are trying to achieve is a uniformity of service levels, that at the present time do not exist, as we can clearly see from the other posts.

If you read the document you will see that Traffic information (for aircraft on a basic service) should not be expected outside an ATZ. Yet if you read the revised MATS part one, it still states
2.1 Aerodrome Control is responsible for issuing information and instructions to aircraft under its control to achieve a safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic and to assist pilots in preventing collisions between:
a) aircraft flying in, and in the vicinity of, the ATZ;

Do you therefore comply with the CAP774 or Mats part one?

Rest assured, my main task will be to assist preventing collisions between aircraft in the air;
However that is now qualified by the revise caveat

The Manual of Air Traffic Services contains instructions and guidance for controllers providing Air Traffic Services to cater for both routine and many emergency situations. However, nothing in this manual prevents controllers from using their own discretion and initiative in response to unusual circumstances, which may not be covered by the procedures herein.

The revised ATSOCAS are, or will be, covered by the procedures herein

None of the above is meant to be taken in a derogatory way it is meant merely to be thought provoking

2sheds too much Braveheart and not enough wine