PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTC in trouble?
Thread: PTC in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2009, 08:45
Shock stall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all doom and gloom.

I am a student still currently with PTC and all does not seem such much doom and gloom as posted. Alot of the items you bring up have been discussed openly with students and reasons behind them. They put out numerous communications to students lately. The move to the industrial estate is due to they have out grown the airport facility and the other three smaller premises they are already in, in the industrial estate and are pulling it all together into one big building.

The move from FSI is a good one. The head office in New york was reducing instructors dramatically and there was no flying being done. Also 2/3 of the aircraft were not being maintained, so PTC ended the contract and joined with FIT in Melbourne where we have a brand new facility and glass cockpit aircraft. Also the instructors are way better.

PTC also now does all the VFR training in the US and the CPL is all done in the twin - bonus.

The reduction of instructors in waterford is cause they are now out in Melbourne doing the MEP and CPL in better weather. Now done in 4 weeks!

As for the course costs . I can now see exactly what I am spending- to quote them it is "fully transparent "and I can get a live update.

Don't know about the weston thing.

Other stuff that came out in the last couple of days from PTC is fuel surcharge dropping, no more utility costs.

Use of elite procedural trainer is free. Always should have been.

They also are offering past students a discounted course for those who need to renew IR.

They also did a thing for graduates to help them write CVs and do interview technique. More than any other school offers as far as I know.

I hope they are around for a while longer, well till I finish anyway.