PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 27th Jan 2009, 08:19
KRviator

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
G'day chaps...First post, so go easy on the new bloke, alright?

Looking back through this thread, it's obvious that the Rex Cadetship isn't the best way to an airline career. Having said that, it is a start that people will take, perhaps myself included if the KRviatrix comes around.

After 6 years in Defence aviation, another 3 driving trains for a company that will put QLink to shame for employer/employee relations I'm after a change and looking at heading back into the industry I love. The more so as I can now afford my CPL and all the rest.

The Rex website shows they are still taking applications for their Traineeship positions. Is this actually still the case, or is it more of a slack-asre webmaster not updating the website?

No great loss if they aren't, as I'll do what everyone here has been suggesting and get my CPL and MECIR over the next 12 months while still taking pineapples on the railway then head North, but it is still an option that is worthy of consideration.