PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Big changes for Qantas cadets
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 21:55
biggles7374

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Damo

Re the training I would think that the cost difference between the QF / Non QF route is the cost of the ATPL Theory. Big Difference I know given you can get a first class course with Nathan Higgins for a fraction of that price. I truly believe that QF do not make anything it is the schools that believe that as they have been selected as a QF cadet training provider it gives them the priviledge to charge a premium for doing the course. Call it 're-branding' if you like - companies have been doing it for years - doesn't make it right!!

Re the QF selection costs, the $200 for the aptitude test is not profit, QF have to pay for the use of the SHL aptitude test and the COMPASS test on a per use basis, don't know the exact figures but something close to if not higher that $200 springs to mind.

By offsetting these costs it gives QF the opportunity to invite more people in for testing andgives more people the opportunity to impress, the rest is up to the individual applicants. A fair way to go about it i think.