PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rescue helo operators fight NZ CAA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 21:11
Te_Kahu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jim L. The Wellington BK is a B2 that was upgraded from a B1. However, I understand that it didn't have the B2 torque guages installed so it can't be operated to the B2 OEI charts.

SAS. I expect it was a very easy position to have formed given your experiences elsewhere. The situation is NZ is exacerbated by a highly cynical manipulation of the rules and of the public by some of the trusts and operators of rescue services. Some have just ignored the rules that exist.

That's not to say there is a strong argument for singles these days. But, there has been no attempt to put up an argument, lobby, etc etc. Some here have just ignored the rules knowing that as soon as CAA moved they'd be able to kick up public sympathy.

Wait for the report or research or some such to be released down here to show how safe singles are and trying to button hole CAA as been unreasonable and putting people's lives at risk. (I gather it is being prepared as we speak by a lawyer! If that's not cynical I don't know what is.)

This is in no way a comment on the pilots, especially not the younger ones just getting going in their careers who have been given a chance with some of these operators.

TK