PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai / UAE
Thread: Dubai / UAE
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 16:24
Tin-Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ TheFalcon

Jebel Ali I'm quite sure but are you sure about OMDB as well? I know we are sort of "OK" right now but is there an official "hold"?
According to OFFICE & HoT, there are only about 2 or maximum 3 courses planned for this Year!! Then NOTHIN More planned......

Credit crunch sees to have hit the region too, even though we think Money is not a problem here, but the truth is, that traffic levels have gone down TOO!

Again Jebel Ali airport has been delayed for ANOTHER Year, so for now, recruitment has been put on hold......

My big question is, what's gonna happen with the personnel down the road @ Jebel Ali? they can surely be utilised up here in Dubai, as had been rumoured in the past.....

The Dubai Contract... 1st needs to put the act together & EXTEND the present Contract!! It seems that the 'hoped for Partnership' with the DCA - DANS has been brushed under the carpet.......

Payrise?

Allowances review?

PAY CUT???? this is also rumoured......

this credit crunch........

DXB Radar is also preparing to move down to the new Unit in Jebel Ali, so if this will happen, then no more training slots for new recruits, cos they will need to train the present ATCOs for the new system down there!

It's all uncertain for now!!