PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rescue helo operators fight NZ CAA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 13:18
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
JimL,

I know the EC-145 is very similar to the BK but show me the BK data will you....as your statement cited the BK not the EC-145.

Just as the CAA would expect relevent data to be presented.....so do I.

Just which model of the BK do you refer to....as there is a whale of a difference between the various models.

I would suggest the "A" series BK's are quite different than the "B" series in performance.

The blanket statement that "BK's can be operated Class One" is misleading and not completely accurate.

Category A Helipad procedure tops out at 7,000ft at 15ºC; this could be an issue at that altitude if the HEMS Operating Base does not have adequate space without surrounding obstacles
As I read your reference I also noted the Base had to be a surveyed site and a statement was made where obstacles could present a problem for takeoffs and landings for all of the aircraft listed in the document.

The crewing shown in the document and probably the equipment installed in the aircraft is much different than the standard BK-117 used in EMS operations in the USA.

Perhaps some of the American based EMS guys can give us some weight information for their operations and we can compare it to those cited in the study you reference.

Last edited by SASless; 26th Jan 2009 at 13:34.