PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 12:28
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

How about rather than writing here, you actually send an e-mail to ED, Squeely, Fleet Chief Pilot etc etc so they know your feelings. Just be diplomatic, write clearly and explain to them how it affects you (if it does) or just ask for some clarification on the rumours (there are lots here). As a general rule I write out my thoughts, save it, go away for a few hours, come back edit it, leave the new revision overnight, then edit again before finally sending it - this way you don't regret what you've written!!!!

I have written an number of times about various things that I have thought were stupid. I registered my thoughts, got replies from those I wrote to and got it off my chest. You may not change anything but at least they know someone cares enough to write....

If you don't write, they have no idea how many people are annoyed at this latest stupid rule (they won't find out by the occasional guy 'pressing 2'!). By writing to them they cannot avoid knowing the depth of feeling and it may force then to think again about it.

In general most of us at EK are conscientious, professional people who want the best for the company. I will continue to use idle reverse IF I feel it is the right place and right time, likewise taxiing in single engine if I feel the situation warrants it. The fact they are being complete prats will not have any affect on my aircraft management. I will press 2 if I'm unwell, I will load extra fuel if it is required ie I will continue to do the job I do well and not give them any reason to question my professional abilities - but I will also still write to them when I feel it is needed.........

PERHAPS MORE OF YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME......WRITE TO THEM (give them something to do in the office rather than thinking up stupid rules!!!)