PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rescue helo operators fight NZ CAA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 11:55
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
JimL,

Show me a BK-117 that can be operated at Class One performance with the EMS kit installed, two medical team, one patient, and one pilot, with mission fuel.....can you name one?

I have flown the BK....and when flown with just two pilots and the ems kit....in cold temps we got Class One performance at times....but not in the Summer and never equipped for the mission with the full crew and fuel aboard.

Add in a Neo-Nate Isolator and the extra people that mission required....and never did we have Class One performance.

I for sure agree with your comment about the CAA's not being able to operate a helicopter business......the UK CAA does quite well in meeting it's budget and profit requirement as it has no competition to defend its rates and charges against. In the real world of business the CAA would be bankrupt and out of business with any competition.

Te,

My apologies to the NZ CAA then.....I am used to the UK CAA and the draconian mindset that organization has when it comes to service, costs, and penchant for burdensome rules. Perhaps tarring all "CAA's" with the same brush is unfair.