PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 05:25
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, how about that, I learn something new every day. There's me thinking you had to have the type rating before you could operate the type commercially as an FO or a Capt......I'm not a Sherman, so don't know Sherman regulations (well, not all of them ) I knew that some countries have command ratings and non-command ratings but I thought you had to get A rating before you carried pax/boxes around. As for domestic or international, well that's just getting silly

So, to Crandal's original question. Well, now that's a LOT easier: 757 type rating! If it's going to cost the same, you've got 700 hours on the machine and it's going to mean a shorter course for you and less cost for the company, I would think that's a no-brainer.

I stand by my suggestion that you speak to one of the agencies first though. 5000 hours B737 would, I think, trump a 757 rating + 700 hours and the agencies will have a better idea of the competition you're up against and give you a clue whether to spend your $$$s or not.