PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 23:56
Skywards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi JennyD, it must be killing you! I completely lucked out, they got back to me after 2.5 weeks. But for some reason I think they got through the Sydney ones really quickly, because quite a few of us heard back relatively quickly. But I feel your pain now that I'm waiting for the medicals, its been 2 weeks and counting (which isn't much) but I have so much to organise! And that email is a shocker, after I sent them my medicals it took them a week to respond to say they received them...and you feel like you don't want to keep hassling them with emails/calls but we need to hear back from them!

wanttoflyhigh: When you get the phone call after you final interview saying they will offer you a position they ask you how much notice you need to give to your current employer and then give you a DOJ with that in mind. Not to sure if you can change the DOJ or not...I'm feeling like I'd like to if I don't hear back about medicals soon.

theskysthelimit: I think its different with everyone and depends on your notice period at work and how long it took them to offer you a position. For me, the open day was on the 6th December, offered on the 25th December, given DOJ of 6th March (I have to give a months notice at work) so by then it will be exactly three months....but I've heard it can take much longer, or even much shorter if you want/need it too.