PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Killing Zone: How and why pilots die
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 22:43
eharding

A little less conversation,
a little more aviation...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ronnie3585
Well said Ian. The reason I've posted about twice on this forum in the last two years is that every discussion descends into a slanging match or a pissing contest.
With respect, Ronnie3585 - if you can't remember if it was "about" twice..or thrice...or maybe once, but still have the mental capacity to distinguish between a Proon slanging match vs. a pissing contest (I think the formal PPrune definition is that a slanging match involves a moderator...er..moderating whereas a pissing contest involves a moderator taking time to set out the contest rules, degree and direction of the allowable pissing, and a sliding scale of single-transferable voting from other forumites regarding the formal scoring of the contest....and meanwhile everyone else has decided to revert to a good old slanging match)...anyway, if you're still forgetful about the former but obsessive about the latter, then I'd recommend a change of medication.

Regarding the book, yes, it has a number of valid points to make, but his calculations about the 'Danger Zone' hours (50-550 as I recall) are a bit dodgy to say the least.

Regarding the best deals on the purchase of the book - if the OP had asked nicely, he could have had my copy for the cost of the postage - but I've decided to keep it, just in case.