PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planespotters be proud of yourselves!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 21:02
NudgingSteel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planespotters be proud of yourselves!

We all know planespotters come in for a bit of stick most of the time, for whatever reason. I like looking at aircraft, always have, although registrations etc is a step too far for me. However, I follow many forums on this site and whenever somebody posts a question about where or what a particular aircraft is, there are usually several informative posts helping out with the answer, and sometimes photos or a guide as to where that a/c can be found.

Now.....don't ask why but I was idly passing time on the web, looking for a lorry name to match my young daughter's. It's a very well-known UK haulage company, and I thought it would only take a couple of minutes to see if there was such a named lorry. Bl**dy h£ll.....what a sinister lot those lorry spotters are. Talk about obsessively and jealously guarding your 'spots'. Loads of enthusiast sites, but all charging an annual fee before they'll share info! What a contrast to the aviation types, most of who will help others out for the love of their hobby!!!!!!!