PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-119 Vs EC130
Thread: A-119 Vs EC130
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 14:26
Head Turner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The downside of the 4 hours endurance and power a'plenty is that you get spoilt when returning to other machines. I flew a Koala for 2 years and have more than 800 hours experience operating very much in the people moving business. Initially I did find that that controls were stiff, compared to the French machines but this was a small price to pay for a really fine powerful,and reliable machine that does what it says on the box. Fuel consumption at SL is marginally more than the B3, however climbing up to 4-5000 ft will reduce fuel burn considerably. Passenger comfort is on par to other similar machines. With the 4 hours endurance there is need for pilot and passenger planning in regard to the 'convenience stops'. Have never needed to use full T/O power even at 6800DA/35C.
The best single there is available for people moving and not having to stop after ever lift to refuel.
My experience with the 130 is very limited. Was operating one in Kenya and it suffered from lack of power when at 10000DA, whereas the B2 handled the situation with no great problems.