PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 12:46
PositiveRate876

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghostflyer/ Snwsr

Good analysis and prognosis but I can't believe that you think the new rostering rule is going to help.

If the rule stated all pilots will fly 78hrs a month, no more, no less and rosters will be optimised to achieve this, nobody will have a problem, and you are using your resources to the max. With 900hr limitation and 6 weeks leave a year any more and you'll go over and any less and you're unproductive.

Imposing a 12 day off max rule and a day off next to leave limitation serves no purpose other than to alienate the staff. What tells me this was a one man's idea that did not benefit from a group brainstorming session is the fact that the author did not take into account the fact that unlike February with 28 days, next month is March with 31. So it's not going to look so pretty. All the best to crew planning next month as they try to tailor the March rosters to comply with this bright idea worth a Brown Najam.

Using excess reverse, not doing engine out taxi and loading up on gas you don't need as some suggested, is poor airmanship in my opinion.

But pressing 2 for your insertion will send the right signal. With the extra crew required to get called out for those trips, the new policy will soon stop being 'cost neutral'.