PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Jobs In Broome
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 05:07
The Green Goblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares, a 150 hour CPL after 50 hours or so exposure could do the job just as well for the single engine award, which last time I looked was around the 33k mark. Most operators in Broome have a bit of a 'pecking' order so you'll start off taking the scraps with the junior guys. If they recruited you straight to the top, paid you 40k and gave you the 'choice' charters there would be a lot of noses out of joint and you would find it incredibly difficult to find someone to have a beer after work AND we all know what moaning GA pilots are like, the cancer spreads pretty fast through a company!

If you want over 40K get a C208 endo and knock on Broome avs door, or renew the ME-CIR and head to Darwin. (1000 hours will see you slot nicely into Hardy, they are taking on guys now so a little birdy tells me)

I'd also put money that the majority of that 9 months experience was Dry season flying, without a full 'wet season' or two behind you it won't mean much to an operator this time of year, it will just help out with your own flying knowing your way around.