PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - canada to indonesia.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2009, 21:07
spinjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canada to indonesia.

So after spending my life savings getting my Cpl/Multi/IFR, i'm gonna need to spend a bit more.

-Looked into the instructor route= $6000-9000 with no guarantee of a job.
-Buying a type rating= $10-30,000, No way! ( i like not being judged as scum)
-Moving to Northern Canada for a rampie position= priceless! (6 months-2 yrs of minimum wages)
-International "road trip"= <$3000, great chance to meet people in the industry abroad.

I've looked into a lot of different options to get the "first job", however it looks like I've got to go the distance and find it the old fashioned way, on foot. By then end of this February, I'm heading to Indonesian, and PNG to look for my first flying job.

I've checked out a few companies in Papua New Guinea, and Indonesia as well as their licensing requirements. I'm going to start my trip in Jakarta, and head out from there. I'm going to try and "sell" my AME license to get me on with a company, hopefully this will get me an "in" with the flight dept. I figure a month traveling around and banging on doors should at least get me a job , or convince me to take my sorry butt home and get back on the tools.

So...Here's where you guys come in! Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as companies, contact info, warnings/recommendations etc...

Once again, Thanks for you thoughts.

Spinjob