PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Handling
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2009, 19:59
WATABENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regards to the 3 main handling companies at BRS, Menzies, Servisair, and OCS, everyone who works on the ramp for all 3 of these companies try their damn hardest, somedays things dont go their way, equipment issues, staffing issues, sickness issues, poor weather and probably the biggest problem of all is the passangers themselves especially those needing the coaches or ambilift, they mysteriously get lost in a terminal with only 8 gates!! Most flight crew are great and understanding and from those of us on the ground thank you, but theres a very miniscule few who should try and remember they're not the only aircraft on the field, the handling companies will get to you as soon as they can, they dont sit about doing nothing whilst your sat on the tarmac waiting.
If you have an issue with any of the service then you should take this up with the base managers of the 3 companies, i'm sure you will find they will be happy to explain your wait for steps/coach/gpu/ambilift/de-icing.
Both OCS and Menzies have and will take time to find their peaks and troughs over the year, so give them a break, work with them, i'm sure the servisair bosses were not very forthcoming with sharing info that they had built up over the years with these 2 new companies.
All the ramp staff from all 3 companies work well around each other on a very small and busy ramp, and the amount of delays caused by ground handling against the amount of movements is very small.
I say good luck to the Menzies, keep plugging away OCS and keep up the good work Servisair, Airline Services and any others that are down there turning these aircraft around.