PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa cabin crew strike
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2009, 14:38
zuhura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also LH cabin crew but maybe with too many friends in biz jet aviation. I won't post any details other than what can be found in the press, but Lufthansa is offering a package of 6,1% plus for us in the middle of this economic crisis. The union demands 15%. Just to make clear that we are not expecting any cuts anyway.
I am working fulltime and have a workload that others would expect with a part time job. And although I have a new contract (which was mentioned above as fit to receive social welfare) I earn more than a lot of co-pilots in other companies.
The problem I encounter much too often is that we have too many people within Lufthansa who grew up there and still think that God invented flying and Lufthansa made it better. Of course, if one never looks beyond one's own nose one may still believe that this financial crisis is NOT an economic crisis and doesn't affect us at all.
I for my share would be happy if my employer could take the plus from last year to manage us through this crisis because I hope to still have this fantastic job when this crisis is over.

Zuhura