PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground Speed
Thread: Ground Speed
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2002, 15:24
Bellerophon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easondown

On Concorde, when reducing speed to 250 kts or less, the visor is selected down when decelerating through 270 kts, and, once locked down, the nose is then lowered to 5°, which is also the nose position for take-off. These actions are checked in the Approach Checklist.

The nose is further lowered to 12½°, the landing position, once the landing gear has locked down, and these actions are checked in the Landing Checklist.

The visor must be down, and the nose at 5° (or more), when flying below 250 kts.

In many photographs of Concorde at low altitude, gear down, the small but noticeable difference in the nose position is often the only way to tell whether she is taking-off or landing.

QAVION

I should have said I don't place too much reliance on the accuracy of any information on cabin IFE screens!

Partly because, as you say, the information updates periodically rather than continuously, partly because I regularly see discrepancies between the flight deck repeater of the cabin IFE information and what is actually happening, and partly because of some of the entertaining information I've seen displayed when flying as a passenger.

I would agree that the latest generation of cabin IFE displays are a marked improvement on earlier versions.

Regards

Bellerophon