PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You know you're in Latin America when........
Old 24th Jan 2009, 13:01
aquamon
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When entry paperwork takes 5 hours before you get clearance...

When you are asked a billion times if you have insurance, and you do.

When DGCA finds out that your wife is also a pilot, both licenses are then photocopied.

When you forgot to lower your gear and have come to a complete stop, ATC yells to abort landing!!! and you do, lol! after damaging your propellers. Yes, I saw it with my own eyes!

When you are ferrying a small piston full of corrosion with no interior and the carry-thru spar is visible with a whole bunch of missing rivets, inspector tells you that you are grounded for no interior, nothing about the corrosion is noticed.

When you see outboard motor fuel containers being taken out...

While at the security gate you are given the strict routine when another vehicle just speeds right thru and the security guard doesn't even lift his head up to look or even appear to hear it....

When your pilot had only 1 Hr. of sleep and reeks of alcohol!!!

When airport is fogged out you hear heavies all around flying very low trying to get a visual on runway.

When your Chief Pilot tells you to abort landing because he wants to take-off!

When you crash because of water contamination (fuel) around the same time your wife is messing around with JOE GRIND, lol.

My personal favorite, of course:
When the "No-Smoking" sign actually means "designated smoking area".

When you see a CUBANA airplane, DUH!

When Ben Franklin is your only friend that seems to get things done!

Last edited by aquamon; 24th Jan 2009 at 17:33.