PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will driving from SYD to Kununurra kill me?
Old 24th Jan 2009, 11:23
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of the have been pushed out of the industry now days wally.It is a pretty professional sort of job nowdays, with CAO 48 type restrictions, log books and all. very much like the AG industry..... got serious and fixed most of the cowboy trouble. the bigger risk these days are the tourists........ believe me, they do things that make the mind boggle. (I drive roadtrain when not flying) I have had them stop on the bottom of a hill around a curve and park on the road and walk off into the bush to take photos, Drive in convoy at 70KPH and dribble on non stop on the recognized trucky working channel. you cant get around ten caravaners at 50 meter spacings traveling at 70KPH. It takes time to get a 175 ton, four trailered roadtrain wound up after being bogged in behind them for forty Ks and not being able to get a word in sideways on the radio. the other beauty is waiting until you have wound her up and indicate to go around, then dive into the gravel and hit the brakes......... showered in stones and have to cross the road to avoid them
Dunno why they call it tourist season if we are not allowed to shoot at them.