PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Jan 2009, 10:12
ninja_turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Hajj Man and Capt Krunch .. You guys do a really good job of trying to help people with question on QR .

As per their advertisement here in local network , allow me to quote them and then it will be easier for you to know why I was talking about the 777 .

They have given 2 conditions :

A . With a type rating on the acft they fly , requirement is a min TT 1000 of which 500 on type . ( I do not qualify for this )

B . For those who dont have type , min TT 2000 of which 500 on jet is required . In addition they quote that pilots with Boeing time will be considered for 777 .

Now going with the above it is quite apparent that I qualify only for the 777 and also going by what Cap Krunch has said time and again , that they will put you on what they require and we do know they require people on 777 . I didnt mean to say that I could be dumb enough to go ahead and try to dictate the type of fleet I want to fly ..

If you can give me your email on pm , I will scan the advert and mail it to you , I dont know how to put it here .

Anyhow coming back on the point , is that none of you gentlemen have helped me with question no 6 . From where you guys are in your lives , your views on those should be quite valuable ..

Hajj Man was quite good with noticing my question with the timings but then I was just trying to imagine the kind of life it would be since I dont have any wide body flying and the lifestyle that comes with it experience .

7 . Btw they offered USD 9900 for the FO position which is inclusive of housing allowance and they also very cleaverly say that candidate can also choose to stay in company provided accomodation if they wanted to , and going by some place on the forum where I read things to the effect , I am guessing that if I choose to do so , I should subtract USD 3600 approx from the USD 9900 figure . That point in thier advert seams ambigious to me ..

8 . This point was raised in some thread but not cleared if or not the pay would be different from the one offered till the time one actually got released online . If yes , then what could be an estimated figure ?

See you guys around ..