PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will driving from SYD to Kununurra kill me?
Old 24th Jan 2009, 07:21
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone mentioned road trains? Tell ya an ugly story. I had the displeasure of being confronted by one of these moronic DH's (not all I know but there would be a lot out there on the Rd.)During the 80's I had itchy feet taking me around this great land of ours. To cut a long story short during a conversation with a 'truckie' after I bailed him up post him trying to kill me & my companion I said you guys think you own the bloody rd, he said ...."nope, just the black bit"! Typical ignorant fool I thought.

Some years latter I retrieved an elderly couple from interstate whom where literally blown off the Rd by a speeding overtaking road train whilst towing their caravan. The wife was seriously injured during the roll over caused by the truck, the husband, a quad for life!

I have to agree with 'wiz' here, by not stopping after a possible 'hit & run' would mean a life where you wished you did stop regardless of the risk at the time.

So basicly, do you want to drive on our outback rds? The black fellas in the middle of the Rd, the wild-life, the distance is nothing compared to the real menace out there, the cowboy truckies!

Wmk2