PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another slap in the face for ATC?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2009, 06:24
FL400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would the Controllers agree to reducing the number of endorsements?

Would you agree to reducing the number of endorsements? It's thinking akin to "I'm a pilot; I can fly a C172 therefore I can fly a B744"

Dick: "Request direct to Mangalore and descent"
ATC: "Standby"
ATC to self: "Direct to where? Manalgore? Mangalore? What's Manalgore's code? Where is Mangal-whatsit? What navaids are there? Is there a VOR that I can use for separation? Is it collocated with the waypoint? Is it collocated with the aerodrome? Maybe it's only an NDB - what is the range? Is there a restricted area near there? What are the activity levels of it? What's the base of CTA? What's the LSALT? What's the CTAF frequency? What are the runways? Is there VHF coverage on the ground? If no, what are the HF frequencies in this part of Australia? Will I get radar coverage? Will I get ADSB coverage? What is the G frequency? Is there a met service there? METAR only or TAFs as well?"
ATC: "Not available"

Edit: Ask somebody who is rated on that airspace and only 2 or 3 other sectors and they could tell you all that information in an instant Now explain how somebody who is rated on, say, the entire east cost could possibly have all that knowledge at hand for every aerodrome, navaid, frequency, LSALT etc.