PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guardsman Attacks P** Taking Tourist in London Today
Old 24th Jan 2009, 04:00
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminds me of my somewhat dubious moment of glory leading a 4 flight parade through Ipswich some years ago on the occasion of the Freedom parade. After marching past the dais, with a copper on a motorbike keeping the way clear ahead, some tosseur on a pushbike decided to make some sort of 'peace protest' by riding across my bows holding up a 'peace salute'....

"F*ck off right now, or this sword goes right up your ar$e", quoth I, somewhat sutto voce.

"And I won't see anything", said the copper.

So f*ck off he did!

Free beer in the RAFA afterwards as a result....
Just as a matter of interest. does anyone else think like me that these peace protestors protest in the wrong place? When I worked at Faslavatory it always amazed me that the peace campers would deliberately try and impede daily business in whatever way they could. knowing that (a) the politicians weren't there to see it and therefore would make phuq all difference and (b) if they really cared for the environment then why go trying to break into place where they could conceivably do some real damage to it. I think they would make more of a statement by camping outside No 10.

I have no problem with people who are sinceire in their beliefs - Like Bill_Hicks_rules for example on the Future Carrier Thread. I would never even consider trying to argue with the chaps opinion but why not take it to a more appropriate forum, or even petition number 10?

Please exuse the Mong spelling - its bee a long day