PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Thailand
Thread: CHC Thailand
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2009, 01:51
platong king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone besides just me find the latest epistle coming out of the Glass House in Richmond to be more than a little curious in its timing??? On 14 Jan., BC wrote, "Among other strong commercial opportunities globally, we are anticipating successful contract award from Chevron Thailand at the end of this month...."

So now we are "anticipating" being awarded the contract. Hmm, interesting. Next door, Si Chang are also telling their people they are "anticipating" being awarded the contract. Call me a cynic, but use of the word "anticipating", especially at this late stage of the game, sounds more like "we really have no idea yet if we're getting the contract, but we're hopeful." So what are we to make of it should the end of the month roll around without any announcement of who's been awarded the contract? The only reason I even make that statement is that we keep hearing "it'll be signed next week" or something similar to that. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I can recognise a trend when I see one and quite frankly, the trend I'm seeing so far is not exactly inspiring me with confidence. I suppose on the flipside, if the end of the month does roll around, accompanied by the formal announcement that TAS has been awarded the contract, we'll all sleep much more soundly.

I appreciate that a company, any company, really cannot or should not make a formal announcement of a contract being awarded before it's truly a done deal, but seriously, is this the best they can do???

Think it's time to take my medication again..............