PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 19:52
bethkait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I failed this test?!

I just stumbled across your thread after having this test during a medical for a job interview yesterday. I have never had this test before.

When I was looking through the instrument I could not see any of the numbers on the right hand side where the white arrow was pointing. My vision was blocked by the metal bar on the right hand side of the instrument. I could see the red arrow and numbers on the left and I could see the white arrow but no numbers at all above it.

The doctor was pretty rude. When I asked, "is it a trick?", she scoffed and said a hundred people had done this test today without a problem. So what is wrong with me!? Eventually I asked if I could take my glasses off, wondering if their pressing against the binoculars of the instrument was affecting my view. I still could not see the white numbers!

Under pressure because the doctor did not believe I could not see the numbers, I squinted a little and eventually saw the bottom of what I thought was a 3, so I just said three. This test has bugged me though. I don't understand it and is there something wrong with my eyes?! Help!