PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa cabin crew strike
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 19:50
girtbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it slightly annoying that we have had reports of Flight Deck from other airlines (excluded Alitalia!) over the last while thinking about going for strike action over their T&C's and nothing is said. Yet almost every time Cabin Crew even mention the word strike people seem to coming flying out of the woodwork to say how dare we, or worse you should be thankful you have a job. I swear if i hear that once more!!

Cabin Crew are often treated like idiots, but when the final straw is placed on the camels back and we finally stand up it seems to scare people, so their first reaction is tut tut, settle down now, your not supposed to get upset and question the latest round of cuts!

Cabin Crew are not organized as well as the Flight Deck or have as strong unions as Flight Deck. Several reasons for that, but that means our T&C's are often eroded faster than other departments.

Over the last couple of years Cabin Crew productivity has soared. We generally have higher work loads than previous due to minimum crew and additional responsibilities placed upon us. Tighter turn arounds, longer days etc. Most crew will get on with it, and to stay competitive rightly so, but that doesn't mean that we should have to loose any right to keep or enhance our T&C's or ask for a decent pay raise to reflect the often damn hard and demanding work we do!

We're not flight deck, we don't expect to be rewarded so, but we are just as important to the company and we should be treated accordingly to reflect hard work we put into the airline.

After all, we spend longer with the driving force of the business, our passengers.

You pay peanuts, and treat us like monkeys??