PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Holding Pool
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 14:29
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not in recruitment but have spoken to someone in the last few days who is very much 'in the know' - he reiterated what we had been told previously. That is that in 2009 there will be no permanent contracts given out to pilots or cabin crew at easyJet. Don't ask me to justify or explain that, but right now folks that is the way it is. Sorry!

Like everything else in a fast changing environment, recruitment plans at easyJet are set in concrete for the coming year - but the concrete remains wet! Therefore what is true today may not be true tomorrow, so please do not shoot the messenger if what I have said changes in the next few months! Right now, my statement above is correct and anyone taking up a job offer at easyJet that does not specifically offer a permanent contract should expect to be let go at the end of the summer. Do remember - if's, but's and maybe's are worthless and there is no such thing as a 'gentleman's agreement'. My own experience of easyJet is they do 'exactly what it says on the tin'. Therefore if they offer you a permanent contract that is what you will get. If, however, they do not then that is also exactly what you will get. Given the current economic situation, easyJet can hardly be blamed for doing this. Nonetheless, it is bad news for aspiring pilots.