PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 13:37
Lister Noble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time on this thread!

I'm sitting here wearing a Vulcan to the Sky bodywarmer that I bought at a local airshow ,Rougham, to which I flew last year.
The Vulcan flew low over my house ,probably on the way to Lowestoft airshow last year and I thought that it was a marvellous site.

Two things now suprise and concern me.

1-I went to my local flying club last week for a social visit,and was wearing my Vulcan body warmer,the CFI who taught me to fly,ex RAF,50 years professional flying from Lightnings to Harriers and still teaching people to fly said.

"Why are you wearing that rubbish,there are just as many people wanting it not to fly including the CAA as there are wanting it to fly,it would be better if they put their money into something that meant more in the history of the Britain,like building a Mosquito etc"

2-I did not realise that the Vulcan project is now so much at risk due to the various reasons explained in this thread.

I wonder how many of the general public who gave and have now probably forgotten about it would feel if they knew what was going on?

Sorry if this is repetition and I'm not sniping at anyone,but can't struggle through the entire thread.

It's all very sad.
Lister