PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 12:05
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can somebody walk me step by step through the logic behind this latest piece of silliness? Apart from forcing me to buy more groceries in Dubai, (and pissing me off royally!!), what in the world are they achieving with what seems to be official policy now, a swag of days off, then one trip, all too often finishing after 2300 local, immediately before a pilot commences leave?

As for the 5 day off string restriction, it must actually be costing them money, as people who might spend money on a subload ticket (money that goes into the EK coffers and uses only a seat that would be otherwise empty) to go home are frequently forced to stay, increasingly embittered, in Dubai.

... to buy their groceries in Dubai. That's it! AAR is leading a supermarket-led recovery for the Dubai economy.

Can someone confirm, as I saw someone post on the all pilots group, that when he saw how many days off could be achieved by a pilot bidding for a 80 to 90 hour roster on multiple ULH flights, he said that such pilots were "stealing from the company"?