PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will driving from SYD to Kununurra kill me?
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 02:46
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeeezus wept.I can't believe all the hubbub over a drive on national highways to a place. just get in and go a little bit of common sense and you will be right. strewth.
I managed to cover almost the whole damn country in a busted assed HR ute without problem and the tracks were all gravel back then. no special needs at all.

At the risk of sounding racist being politically incorrect or upsetting the universe.... 'people' occasionally when drunk have been known to go for a snooze in the middle of the road at night & if god forbid you are unfortunate to hit one DON'T stop. as it's possible & happened before that you might be confronted by the poor buggers mate who's not to happy with you to say the least. simply keep driving, take note of where you were & as soon as possible report to the police.
possibly the most ill informed piece of advice I have seen on the whole thread.
If you take this advice, prepare to live with yourself with the knowledge that you may well have killed someone, that in all reality may have survived if you had rendered assistance. You will also be jailed.........without doubt.
If you do fear retribution from angered relatives, explain that you are helping, ignore them and render first aid whilst phoning for police and ambulance.
If you are threatened, the folk going nuts are usually blind anyway, so can be forcefully pushed over and rendered useless (well, more useless than usual) at the very least stay in your vehicle and go a couple of hundred meters up the road and call the police.
Unfortunately, it does happen with monotonous regularity, but the people involved understand that the injured need help as fast as possible.
I just don't believe some one could suggest that utter crap.