PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone starting Cabair integrated in March?
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 15:46
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topslide6,

I think perhaps I was a little blunt with what I said, and yes, there ARE jobs out there for people who have 250 hours and for people with multi-thousand hour logbooks as well. I can just see which way this industry is turning and it's not like the good old days (unfortunately) where you earned your wings through pure merit, then worked you way up the ladder to a happy retirement. It happens for some, that there's no denying, and good luck to anybody who wants to make a fruitful, enjoyable career out of aviation - I certainly plan on doing my best.

I would disagree, or would rather adjust to suit my opinion, what you said regarding training. I personally think anybody embarking upon an integrated course having had a look at what the experienced guys are saying on here is not only being incredibly foolish, but very unfairly playing a serious game of Russian Roulette with their parents' mortgage/life savings etc.

However, I think that if, as eire mentioned in his post above, it has come to THAT time when life seems to dictate that you begin your training, GO MODULAR. Each to their own, but I think if you're hell destined on getting cracking the modular route is the way to go, because let's face it, yes there are jobs out there, but not like there have been in the past, so the most sensible route in my opinion is to get your training done as cheaply as possible. Of course you must also strike that fine balance of, most airlines (and indeed most companies as far as I can tell) prefer to see your training conducted through one school, so perhaps consider taking a particular organisations' modular program. Or simply do your training bit by bit as cheaply as you can.

It's a right old circus these days aint it