PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fortress, airline interview preparation
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2002, 02:59
harrowing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did this course about 8 years ago, so I don't know how much things have changed. A lot of the comments made above are true, however I think all of us (10) learnt a little, if not a lot, of good ideas and method(s) for handling situations.
Sometimes the 'only answer ' technique seemed a little extreme, but we were not compelled to use it, just to be aware of his opinion.
The family personal abuse was an obvious joke and technique to get us thinking and to be aware of traps or open-ended questions.
Besides, haven't you slept with your mother? Think about that before your knee jerks you in the face.
I had heard some people in interviews had given the stock answers and had then been given the opportunity to have a cuppa and come back with their own response.
You may not have liked the guy, but he had an effective way of cutting through any crap or pretentiousness.
Some of his jibes may have stung a little and triggered a bit of soul searching afterwards, hopefully with productive results.
A bit of humour during the day kept the blood flowing and the interest/energy up. From an instructional technique point of view, he did very well.
I reckon it was money well spent, but that is obviously my opinion... Thank goodness we are all individuals.
Cheers all and good luck with the preparation and interviews